Capturing a Screenshot in Java (Using AWT)

Taking a screen shot in Java, sounds interesting right. Suddenly, While Searching to internet I came across this.

Here is the piece of code with which you can do this task:

import java.awt.AWTException;
import java.awt.Rectangle;
import java.awt.Robot;
import java.awt.image.BufferedImage;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import javax.imageio.ImageIO;

public class ScreenCapture {

public static void main(String[] args) {
try {
Robot robot = new Robot();

//The Size of Rectangle is Similar to Screen Resolution.
BufferedImage bi=robot.createScreenCapture(new Rectangle(1280,1024));

//This will write the image to this particular location
ImageIO.write(bi, "jpg", new File("C:/Ashish Docs/ScreenShot.jpg"));

} catch (AWTException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}catch(Exception ex){
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}
}


Don't worry guys the code is working and tested.
Here is the same output of this program:


I hope this will help. Cheers.....

Ashish Mishra

"There are some people who live in a Dream World, And There are some who face Reality; And Then there are those who turn One into the Other "



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi all,

I am working for a software integrator company. My projects includes working on Java and Ruby on Rails and Ajax. I think Web Services is really cool. We also recently have to now work on REST and they are talking about mashups and Struts. Can anyone tell me if there are some good training or conferences so that me and my team members can get to speed with these technologies. Learning from books is not my cup of tea, even not when I was doing engineering ;)

All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaibhavi

Popular posts from this blog

Java Singleton Pattern : Potential Problems and Solutions

Bridging Java and Adobe Air - Merapi

Exams are Boaring, Are U agree...................